Why become a member? ×

Xotic BB bass preamp *SOLD*

chrkelly

Never ever really use effects other than my Diamond bass comp so might as well sell them on.

Fulltone Fat-boost v1 (supposedly the best one on bass). It says it's a discrete clean boost on the box but it's far from it in reality. It's an amazing little pedal that adds a tonne of presence to your sound and the drive knob adds a nice touch of creamy valve-like grit. It's a very natural sounding drive with no nasty high end fizz. It's true bypass and comes boxed in excellent condition.

*SOLD*

Xotic BB bass preamp. This is apparently a modified tubescreamer with a powerful 2 band eq. Sounds absolutely awesome with no loss of low end. Works perfectly but has a few paint chips and 'grantt' & '59' written on the base in silver pen (no idea why?). No box with this one.

*SOLD*

Edited by chrkelly

[quote name='chrkelly' post='1222354' date='May 6 2011, 04:45 PM']Never ever really use effects other than my Diamond bass comp so might as well sell them on.

Fulltone Fat-boost v1 (supposedly the best one on bass). It says it's a discrete clean boost on the box but it's far from it in reality. It's an amazing little pedal that adds a tonne of presence to your sound and the drive knob adds a nice touch of creamy valve-like grit. It's a very natural sounding drive with no nasty high end fizz. It's true bypass and comes boxed in excellent condition.

£60 posted

Xotic BB bass preamp. This is apparently a modified tubescreamer with a powerful 2 band eq. Sounds absolutely awesome with no loss of low end. Works perfectly but has a few paint chips and 'grantt' & '59' written on the base in silver pen (no idea why?). No box with this one.

£80 posted[/quote]
hi there..quite interested in the xotic can you help?
i myself was looking to buy an R.C is the BB similar in boost"tone" etc or is there a nuance between these pedals?

Fatboost is on hold for someone. Sorry guys but I've decided to hold onto the BB for now.

Paulo, if you set the gain at minimum it acts as a clean 2 band preamp. Never tried a RC before so unfortunately I can't compare.

• 2 weeks later...