Why become a member? ×

Why I'll Always Love Music......

Bass_In_Yer_Face

Borrowed the wife's disco cd to play in the car this morning.

Just discovered a Chic song called 'I Want You Love'. I've never heard it before but OMFG what a bass line from Mr Edwards again.....it's been stuck in my head all morining and what a tone. I think he was famous for not swapping the strings on his Stingray ever.

It's not difficult to see why Stu Zender said he was a huge influence on his playing.

Does anyone have any other tracks worth checking out by Bernard Edwards ? (not the obvious Chic / Sister Sledge / Diana Ross I mean).

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='140053' date='Feb 14 2008, 08:42 AM']Borrowed the wife's disco cd to play in the car this morning.

Just discovered a Chic song called 'I Want You Love'. I've never heard it before but OMFG what a bass line from Mr Edwards again.....it's been stuck in my head all morining and what a tone. I think he was famous for not swapping the strings on his Stingray ever.

It's not difficult to see why Stu Zender said he was a huge influence on his playing.

Does anyone have any other tracks worth checking out by Bernard Edwards ? (not the obvious Chic / Sister Sledge / Diana Ross I mean).[/quote]
Chic:
Good Times, Le Freak, Everybody Dance

Diana Ross:
I'm Coming Out
Upside Down

Sister Sledge:
He's The Greatest Dancer
We Are Family

Absolute master of "groove" bass playing in my opinion.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='140207' date='Feb 14 2008, 12:13 PM']Bass in yer face, i know u said not the obvious chic, but one to check out is Chic's, 'Forbidden Lover'. The groove hits you straight away!!! :)[/quote]
Doh! That'll teach me to read posts properly!

I, of course, [b]did[/b] state all the obvious ones. Oh well, still great all the same :huh: