Why become a member? ×

Blackstar HT20 Combo*SOLD*

As new Blackstar HT20 combo. These are great all valve combo's with digital reverb and footswitchable channel changing. 12" Celestion speaker. I took this combo as part exchange on my Fender amp but I already have a Bad Cat Classic so this is surplus to requirements. These cost around £450 new, I'm looking for £300 (firm) and its worth every penny. So save yourself £150 on the price of a new one! The pics don't do the amp justice, its hardly been played and still has the tags on.

Here's a link to Blackstars' webby....

[url="http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-amps/ht-20.html"]http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-amps/ht-20.html[/url]

You're more than welcome to come over and give it a try with no obligation and might even put the kettle on.....:)

Edited by zapp

LOL, certainly my friend no problem.

For home recording, band practice or the small intimate pub/club gig it would seem to be the ideal amp. The clean channel is....well very clean. Lots of headroom and despite just a tone and volume its quite versatile. The drive channel I'd say is where this amp really shines. It has a very good valve driven sound indeed. I was quite taken abback. I wasn't expecting such a big sound for such a small amp and the isf control gives a nice sweep between American and British drive sounds with all points in between (kind of Boogie to Marshall). It has a nicely voiced digital reverb as well. Channels are footswitchable. Not much more to say really. If I didn't have my newly aquired Bad Cat Classic Cat I'd be keeping this amp but 'she who must be obeyed' has decreed that one amp is quite sufficient for any man............I know I know but there's still a few bits and bobs that I'd like so...........I'm being.....er.......accomodating :)

Hope this helps.

Hi Zapp,

Thanks very much! I really do love the ISF control, I got a chance to try one out in Cardiff yesterday and really wanted to see if I could get a Santana tone through the America side of things but you can't help yourself just switching it back to the UK haha. These Bad Cats I need to try, i've only discovered them recently! Before I was set on Orange and now i'm just confused lol.

Best of luck with the sale!! Really nice discount on something brand new.

Cheers Bud :)

Yes if you can find a Bad Cat I'd recommend trying one out. Expensive but hand wired point to point all valve and built like the proverbial battle ship don't come cheap. If I had to some up the Bad Cat in one word it would be dynamic. I've been playing guitar and Bass for 35 years odd and I've never played or heard an amp that responds to touch so much. Its a keeper.