Why become a member? ×

USA G&L L2500 Sunburst - Sold

Bernmeister

[size="4"]Hi All,
Major Car repairs to get it thro the MoT, then Car Tax & Car insurance means i have to put this up for sale.

Anyway here's the deal.

Specs for those that don't know:

Its definately the Usa model, which has 2 x G&L magnetic pickups.

Body wood i believe is Alder & its 3 Tone Sunburst in colour.

Hard rock maple neck with a maple fingerboard.

Serial number can be seen in one of the pictures.
But its an approx 1998.

Neck radius is 12" (304.8mm) according to the website.
Neck at the nut is 1 3/4" (44.5mm).

The controls are the well known active/passive tri-tone electronics which gives you an amazing array of tones & sounds at your disposal. Which contains the 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, pre-amp mini-toggle(off/on/on with high end Eq boost).

Tuning keys are the G&L Custom "Ultra-Lite" with Aluminium Tapered String posts.

The Bridge is the G&L saddle lock with chrome plated brass saddles, which gives the option of string thro the bridge or thro the body.

This also comes with the G&L hard case too.

These basses are hard to find in the Uk & can command a very high price, i hope that you find my asking price to be quite reasonable.

I've had this bass from new. I've gigged this bass only twice, it has been used in rehearsals & at home, but since the arrival of a 55-01 Lakland approx 4 yrs ago, which has a wider string spacing this now rarely gets used. So no trades at this moment in time.

It is in a very very good condition, the only fault i could find is that there is one screw missing from the battery cover, but if i can find a replacement, i will do so for the new owner.

Please note, the distorted part of the pic on the back of the bass, is only the protective plastic cover for the battery compartment & the white patches are where the original price ticket was torn off.

Would prefer for any prospective buyers to try before they buy.
But arrangemants can be made otherwise.
Please pm me for more info or details.

Many thanks

Edited by Bernmeister

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='1217770' date='May 2 2011, 05:16 PM']If anyone knows how to correctly get the age of this bass, using the serial numbers on my posted pic,
i would be very grateful. If you do please let me know.

Ta![/quote]

i don't know how to do it with serial numbers but i've just had the neck off my USA G&L and there is a date stamped in the neck pocket, this could just be the date the body was manufactured though.

Hi Steve,
Unfortunately i don't have any experiences of playing the Stingray HH5 i'm afraid, so i can't compare them.

But this one does feel great, has a decent weight with great balance & also has a fantastic array of sounds.

Cheers

[quote name='porterpr' post='1219141' date='May 3 2011, 08:35 PM']Hi do you have any more info ? how does it compare to a Stingray HH 5? thanks Steve.[/quote]
Hi the bass looks great............could you tell me if it is 100% original and what are those marks on the neckplate? cheers.

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='1216439' date='May 1 2011, 10:34 AM']Body wood i believe is Alder & its 3 Tone Sunburst in colour.[/quote]
Isn't the wood more likely to be swamp ash? Wasn't three-tone sunburst one of the "premium" finishes, mostly featured over ash, with alder being reserved for solid finishes, mahogany and maple having been dropped as woods before this model was introduced? Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable 90s era G&L aficionados can clarify.

• 2 weeks later...