Why become a member? ×

SALE CANCELLED

wal4string

More of a feeler really.

Traded this bass yesterday with a fellow bass chatter, always wanted the natural finish.
But no sooner had I walked through the front door with the bass I had an offer of an anniversary bass. Out of my price range but if I call sell this quickly
I beleive I can buy the bass in question.

Natural/Maple the finish is called velvet which is duller than a gloss finish but shinier than a matt. The bridge is a Pre EB type, also known as a Trans/Flea, basically it can have string mutes fitted to the string, although EB no longer sell the little kit for this I am told they can be sourced elsewhere. Have included an image of a bridge with the mutes fitted (not this bass).

No issues with bass, neck sound, body has a few very small knocks but really light, headstock the same. Only minor issue is that the kneck could do with a good clean, but hey! it is only a bit of grime, but still very good for it's age. Having said that, a few years ago I owned a stingray 5 and after 6 months of gigging every day (played in a touring circus in Denmark) the neck was far worse for grime and I managed to restore it.

Looking for £750.00

Also comes with case.

I stress this is only for sale so I can buy another bass which I am lusting after, if the other bass was not for sale then I would be keeping this beauty.

You can also text me on 07518378808 or call for if you prefer as I do not spend much time on the net.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1216032' date='Apr 30 2011, 06:26 PM']More of a feeler really.

Traded this bass yesterday with a fellow bass chatter, always wanted the natural finish.
But no sooner had I walked through the front door with the bass I had an offer of an anniversary bass. Out of my price range but if I call sell this quickly
I beleive I can buy the bass in question.

Natyral/Maple the finish is called velvet which is duller than a gloss finish but shinier than a matt. The bridge is a Pre EB type, also known as a Trans/Flea, basically it can have string mutes fitted to the string, although EB no longer sell the little kit for this I am told they can be sourced elsewhere. Have included an image of a bridge with the mutes fitted (not this bass).

No issues with bass, neck sound, body has a few very small knocks but really light, headstock the same. Only minor issue is that the kneck could do with a good clean, but hey! it is only a bit of grime, but still very good for it's age.

Looking for £750.00

Also comes with case.

I stress this is only for sale so I can buy another bass which I am lusting after, if the other bass was not for sale then I would be keeping this beauty.[/quote]

PM sent.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1216213' date='Apr 30 2011, 11:24 PM']BassDirect for the mute kit all the bits required for £25 :)[/quote]

Cheers, for that, I was told the wise of Basschat would know.

Also discovered that Ernie Ball UK are now selling the string mute kit for £22.50

Music Man Stingray 4 Mute Kit(M05502)

Edited by wal4string