Why become a member? ×

Sunn Concert Bass ...for $150...go for it?

Lemming16

Hi everyone, so, i found a Sunn Concert Bass on a pawnshop, for $150. The amp was from mint to perfect condition, i was amazed. Unfortunately i couldn't try it out (i was on a hurry).

The amp was exactly like this one:

It had 5 knobs: Volume, bass, mids, treble and "Distort". It is Mexican made (i live in Mexico).

I already have this stuff:

Acoustic 220 Amp (Mexican made, also, i love this amp, got it for $150 too)
Aria Pro II Thor Sound Bass ($130 from and old man on my street).
Ampeg BSE410H Cab

So, my question is: Should i get this amp? would there be a big difference from the Acoustic 220 i already have?.
The "distort" knob really got my attention, i was wondering if i could get that John Entwistle kinda tone with this amp.

Also, since this amp is a little more powerful than the Acoustic 220, i thought i could maybe get a better tone (sometimes i think the Acoustic 220 falls a little short to power up the BSE410 cab).

Thanks in advance.

Hi!, thanks for your reply!, is there any video or sound clip where i can hear that distortion? Sometimes i think all i should do, is getting a good OD/Distortion pedal. There's a guy selling me a DOD Bass overdrive by the way.

At the end of the day, i'm almost getting this amp just for the distortion (and because its a good price). Again, thanks for the reply.

Sadly, there's only one single video of a guy using the Sunn Bass Concert, and he's using a Big muff :S, so, that changes the sound a lot. I wonder if there's another Sunn amp that uses the same distortion as this one.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiRm7YqWfM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiRm7YqWfM[/url]

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by Lemming16