Why become a member? ×

SOLD - EMG Jazz Pickup Set

Hi,

I've got a set of EMG Jazz Bass pickups for sale. I bought these a while ago without the cables or pots so I made up a new set and installed these with an East Retro pre-amp (see my other stuff for sale) in a Squier Affinity Jazz Bass (yep, also for sale..).

The pickups are in good condition - a couple of really small scratches on the front face (there are a few marks on the sides from the mounting screws but these aren't really noticable once installed). Anyway, these things are to be used not looked at!!

Looking for £50 plus postage.

Cheers!!

Edited by Jabba_the_gut

Hi,

Sorry but these have now sold.

I wouldn't claim to know that much about pickups either but if you are looking at EMGs in the future, I personally think they are great pickups. I'd say these active pickups are modern sounding (I used them in combination with an East J-Retro pre-amp, which I'd also recommend but you could argue it gives you too many options for tone). I liked them for slap (even though I'm not too good at it!) and fingerstyle - really nice for more trebly pieces. What is nice with the EMGs is the way they are shielded - you don't connect the earth wire to the bridge that can sometimes give you hum when you take your hands on and off the strings - the EMGs are really quiet.

Regards

J.