Why become a member? ×

Celinder 5 for a Celinder 5

fingerz

Hi,

A quick one and a long shot. I am looking for a trade on my Celinder. It is 'the one' as far as I am concerned in J Update speak:

Celinder J Update 5 string
Natural/Blonde, Maple board lacquered, Danish Ash body
Blocks and Binding
Celinder pre amp
Celinder humbucking pups (incredibly single coil sounding)
70 pup location

Seriously stunning bass, I don't want to part with it!

My issue is the weight. It's only slightly heavier than I'm used to, but on the long stood up tour I've been doing lately, I'm very sad to say my back is complaining and it's a risk I can't afford to take with my body.

So... I would be interested in trading for another Celinder that is slightly lighter than mine. It hits the scales at 10lb 9oz, I'd be up for anything up to the 10lb mark. I know Celinders are heavy, but being Ash, this model needs the weight to deliver the tone. I'd be interested in the Vintage model (Alder/Rw) as I know there are lighter ones of these around. My one isn't that heavy by Celinder standards but it's still too much for me. I'm very picky and this bass is very much a 'good one'.

A very rare bass, took me ages to find, so you'll understand that I'm not interested in anything else right now. However, I need to sort this out quickly so would love to hear from you. PM me and we can exchange photos if you're interested. I know this is a long shot!

Thanks for looking and best wishes.

Fingerz

Edited by fingerz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...