Why become a member? ×

OVERWATER Classic J Series NECK?

bkman42

just measured mine, width of the neck at the nut is 40mm against 38mm for both my Fender Jazzes. Radius feels a little bit chunkier than my Fenders but is not too different. It has passive controls, they are volume, pickup blend and tone instead of volume, volume, tone that the Fender Jazz has. I'd say considering it costs alot less it compares very favourably with my Aerodyne.

Thanks for the info mate. So its 40mm at the nut? wonder why the website has it listed as 38mm. Do you think a J-rerto would fit into the control plate?

Cheers

[quote name='spike' post='1202016' date='Apr 16 2011, 06:36 PM']just measured mine, width of the neck at the nut is 40mm against 38mm for both my Fender Jazzes. Radius feels a little bit chunkier than my Fenders but is not too different. It has passive controls, they are volume, pickup blend and tone instead of volume, volume, tone that the Fender Jazz has. I'd say considering it costs alot less it compares very favourably with my Aerodyne.[/quote]

[quote name='bkman42' post='1202053' date='Apr 16 2011, 07:22 PM']Do you think a J-rerto would fit into the control plate?[/quote]

I reckon it will, the dimensions of the control plate look identical to the J-retro on my Fender, including the screw spacing. I've just had a look inside the control cavity and there's plenty of room.