Why become a member? ×

Omni 10.5 Cross fire.

Sugden

Im going to have them finsihed by my gig on the 19th so I'll get to pass judgement then. But after the 19th if all goes to plan and they sound good of course then that cab will winging its way back to your self. I'll give you a message when I know.

Im putting the radius on the corners tuesday morning hopefully. Final wood work tomorrow, finishing and carpeting tuesday. Wednesday speaker's in. Thats the plan at any rate.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Sugden' post='137729' date='Feb 10 2008, 06:05 PM']Im going to have them finsihed by my gig on the 19th so I'll get to pass judgement then. But after the 19th if all goes to plan and they sound good of course then that cab will winging its way back to your self. I'll give you a message when I know.

Im putting the radius on the corners tuesday morning hopefully. Final wood work tomorrow, finishing and carpeting tuesday. Wednesday speaker's in. Thats the plan at any rate.[/quote]

Good luck with it. Be interested to know what you find the bass response like.

I've started an Omni 10 - not crossfire but built the extra 3" wide as per one to benefit from a bit of extra bass. But, I can't get any bloomin' 1016 piezos. CPC are out of stock again. It's all these people building BFM cabs and buying 24 at a time for the melded arrays!.

I assume you've got yours?

[quote name='thinman' post='149978' date='Mar 2 2008, 08:02 PM']Good luck with it. Be interested to know what you find the bass response like.

I've started an Omni 10 - not crossfire but built the extra 3" wide as per one to benefit from a bit of extra bass. But, I can't get any bloomin' 1016 piezos. CPC are out of stock again. It's all these people building BFM cabs and buying 24 at a time for the melded arrays!.

I assume you've got yours?[/quote]

I think I was very lucky when I ordered mine, I ordered them when they were out of stock and got them in the post 2 days later.

My markbass cab has always had a great bass response its a pretty big cab for a 2x10. A single omni 10.5 doesnt cut it against the markbass but as a pair they knock it out the way. A single omni 10 beats it as well, when I compared them awhile ago. But its important to notice that the cabs are alot clearer and have a very level response which does make you think they have less bass response intialy. But they are very lite and I dont have to take both to a small gig. I think they sound great I'm very pleased.

Cheers Steve

Its abit weird having a fully custom setup apart from tuner, and power conditioner. Makes me feel like I should get my skill level up. But hell I just enjoy playing.

[quote name='Sugden' post='150584' date='Mar 3 2008, 07:11 PM']I think I was very lucky when I ordered mine, I ordered them when they were out of stock and got them in the post 2 days later.

My markbass cab has always had a great bass response its a pretty big cab for a 2x10. A single omni 10.5 doesnt cut it against the markbass but as a pair they knock it out the way. A single omni 10 beats it as well, when I compared them awhile ago. But its important to notice that the cabs are alot clearer and have a very level response which does make you think they have less bass response intialy. But they are very lite and I dont have to take both to a small gig. I think they sound great I'm very pleased.

Cheers Steve

Its abit weird having a fully custom setup apart from tuner, and power conditioner. Makes me feel like I should get my skill level up. But hell I just enjoy playing.[/quote]

They look ace and it sounds like you're pleased with the sound.

Just a point about the build: The plans suggest filling the cavities each side of the horn plates with pillow stuffing but I see you lined all the surfaces with the egg crate foam (which I was going to do anyway). Is yours OK without? I must admit I thought that by the time I'd lined all the surfaces there'd not be a lot of space to stuff. Shall I not bother?

They do sound different when they haven't been stuff though :huh:

I have stuffed one side of each cab with acoustic wadding basicly a rich mans version of pillow stuffing. I could have just shuved some left over egg crate foam in but I already had the wadding bought it ages ago when I decided to do the build. I think the egg shell foam is alot tidier and means getting to cables if you so need to would be easier. No idea what the difference in sound would be Im sure foam and stuffing have different acoustic values but hell if egg shell foam is good enough for million pound rcording studios its good enough for my omni's :)

I think you'll be fine either way depends which costs you less or which one you want to use at the end of the day. The answer might be on Bills forum somewhere if your really worried.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='thinman' post='152701' date='Mar 6 2008, 04:14 PM']They look ace and it sounds like you're pleased with the sound.

Just a point about the build: The plans suggest filling the cavities each side of the horn plates with pillow stuffing but I see you lined all the surfaces with the egg crate foam (which I was going to do anyway). Is yours OK without? I must admit I thought that by the time I'd lined all the surfaces there'd not be a lot of space to stuff. Shall I not bother?[/quote]
I use pillow stuffing in the tight cavities where cutting small bits of foam would be time consuming, foam on the larger panels where it can be easily stapled in place. There's no functional difference.