Why become a member? ×

FS: Roscoe LG 3000 Signature - SOLD

Bass Culture

Hi all, thought I'd re-list my Roscoe LG 3000 as it's been a couple of months since I withdrew, so I may have more luck this time round...

I bought this lovely bass new from Bass Direct in September 2009. Apart from a slight chip in the lacquer in the middle of the top horn the condition of this bass is as new:

Sound-wise it’s tight as a drum, punchy as hell and really cuts through in the mix. Playability is phenomenal. The neck has a comfortable C/D profile, action is ridiculously low and the neck is Sebastian Vettel-fast. The neck is about the most stable I've come across too - I’ve swapped between different strings and gauges and I’ve not so much as had to even tweak the truss rod yet.

Specs are as follows:
Body: Solid swamp ash in a high gloss finish with grain highlighting
Neck: 7 piece laminated - maple with purpleheart centre lamination and maple and cherry accent laminations, Bolivian Rosewood fingerboard, 40mm nut width
Pickups: Bartolini soap bars
Pre-amp: Bartolini NTMB with master volume, pickup blend, treble and bass cut and boost and midrange cut/boost with push/pull for frequency selection
Bridge: Hipshot Type ‘A’ in black with 18mm string pitch
Tuners: Hipshot in black

Reason for sale is that I've agreed a spec for an ACG custom build. I also picked up a Zoot just before Christmas which I’ve ‘pimped’, so sadly there’s no room at the Inn for the Roscoe anymore. If you check the Bass Direct website you'll see that a similarly specced instrument would now cost you between £2.5k - £3k. Comes complete with letter of authenticity, allen keys, Roscoe gig bag, black Schaller strap locks (both parts!) and it's original strap buttons too. And I can include a Hiscox Lite Flight Case!

All this for just [b]£1250[/b][u][/u] of the folding stuff. (No trades please.)

Please drop me a PM for further details if you need any or to arrange a trial. Would prefer pick up for obvious reasons but can send if necessary or am happy to deliver up to 60 miles or so from Chester for diesel money. Thanks for looking, folks. Enjoy the rest of the photos:

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='1196065' date='Apr 11 2011, 06:42 PM']Fantastic!

Not as fantastic as my Century Signature VI (either the one I sold to njoha or the one I now have!) as they've completely blown installing the pickups! Even I know they're supposed to be at a straight angle to the strings! :)[/quote]

You are so right - you'd almost think they'd done it on purpose!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1196073' date='Apr 11 2011, 06:46 PM']You are so right - you'd almost think they'd done it on purpose![/quote]
It's lovely, as already stated, if you have a change of heart on the trades drop me a line too, I have a lovely 6 + a few pence!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1196073' date='Apr 11 2011, 08:46 PM']You are so right - you'd almost think they'd done it on purpose![/quote]

Nah, it's a mistake. Keith has his off days. Like when drew the plans on this guitar.

Seriously, though: Roscoeheads say, and I agree, that ash body and bart pickups make for incredible funk machine of a bass. Unless the bassist wants the signature tone of a Smith, MTD or Wal I can't think of a bass that. just. works. better for playing in a band. Lots of great bedroom basses out there. Roscoes take the cake when you play with guitarists and drummers. (For my sins, I'm saddled with a drummer but I'm not bad enough to have earned a guitarist as well!)

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='1196255' date='Apr 11 2011, 09:38 PM']Roscoeheads say, and I agree, that ash body and bart pickups make for incredible funk machine of a bass. Unless the bassist wants the signature tone of a Smith, MTD or Wal I can't think of a bass that. just. works. better for playing in a band. Lots of great bedroom basses out there. Roscoes take the cake when you play with guitarists and drummers.[/quote]

Well said that man - right on the money!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1200208' date='Apr 15 2011, 07:25 AM']Georgous bass and very reasonable price!

Stunning![/quote]

I was lucky - picked it up before the price hikes, so I can let it go for what I hope is an attractive price.

Thanks for the comment.

BC

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1206830' date='Apr 21 2011, 10:27 AM']How is this still here... Want this beauty so much! Stunning!!![/quote]

Buy it then - ha ha!

If it doesn't go at this price there's no hope for the market right now! Actually, I'm toying with the idea of putting an ACG EQ02 in it if it doesn't find a suitable home soonish and postponing the ACG custom build for a while. I've been really impressed with the same preamp in my Zoot.

Pip pip!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1206858' date='Apr 21 2011, 11:03 AM']Buy it then - ha ha!

If it doesn't go at this price there's no hope for the market right now! Actually, I'm toying with the idea of putting an ACG EQ02 in it if it doesn't find a suitable home soonish and postponing the ACG custom build for a while. I've been really impressed with the same preamp in my Zoot.

Pip pip![/quote]

I have number of items up or sale and depending on what/if they sell I will very well co sided buying it.

I'd consider the ACG Pre a downgrade though as personally I love the Roscoe Bart sound and am not a fan of the ACG tone (having tried 3 or 4 basses - they have a lovely feel though).

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1207112' date='Apr 21 2011, 02:29 PM']I'd consider the ACG Pre a downgrade though as personally I love the Roscoe Bart sound and am not a fan of the ACG tone (having tried 3 or 4 basses - they have a lovely feel though).[/quote]

That would be the thing which might mean I don't end up doing it in actual fact - at the moment it sounds distinct and different to the Zoot. Not really much point in having two basses that sound the same! Anything I did end up doing I'd make sure was reversable anyway. Quite like the thought of a u-retro in it too but I don't want to do any drilling so would leave the passive switch tucked in the control cavity I think.

Anyway, by the by, do drop me a line if you manage to liquidate any assets!

Cheers,

BC

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1207112' date='Apr 21 2011, 04:29 PM']I have number of items up or sale and depending on what/if they sell I will very well co sided buying it.

I'd consider the ACG Pre a downgrade though as personally I love the Roscoe Bart sound and am not a fan of the ACG tone (having tried 3 or 4 basses - they have a lovely feel though).[/quote]

Bart / bart is The combo fretless roscoes but we're divided when it comes to fretted basses. I'll try to put up tracks of an ash 5 with roscoe barts / glock, ash/maple 6 with roscoe barts / demeter and the ash/koa with classic barts / demeter. Don't think I've got anything of the walnut six with barts tho. I'll ask member njoha for some of that.

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='1207333' date='Apr 21 2011, 06:11 PM']Bart / bart is The combo fretless roscoes but we're divided when it comes to fretted basses. I'll try to put up tracks of an ash 5 with roscoe barts / glock, ash/maple 6 with roscoe barts / demeter and the ash/koa with classic barts / demeter. Don't think I've got anything of the walnut six with barts tho. I'll ask member njoha for some of that.[/quote]

I'd love to hear those!

Er, still for sale....

Ash-maple SKB3006 Roscoe Barts with Demeter pre-amp: [url="http://www.myspace.com/mboostband"]former band's myspace[/url] Select 'Circles' edit: yes, the bassline was largely dictated by the guitarist - no, I wouldn't have played that exact line. I kinda like my choruses though.
[url="http://www.myspace.com/theneutronics"]Njoha's band[/url] Wouldn't know which tracks he cut with the walnut CSVI with Classic Barts and Glock pre though.

Edited by nobody's prefect