Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DB dep?

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

Hi

I have one or possibly two gigs coming up that I may not be able to do and I really don't want to let my band down, so I was wondering, how does depping work, as in how much prep time would be needed and what would the fees be, the gigs themselves wouldn't normally be paid as were an originals band but I am willing to pay for a replacement myself, any advice?

When I dep (or when I get a dep in) its almost always 'turn up and read the gig' (chord charts or dots). An originals band is going to struggle because your replacement will not know the tunes so, without charts, you would need rehearsals and that is unlikely to happen fwithout payment for rehearsal time. As for costs, you could get someone to do it for nothing or it may cost you £50 minimum (gig only, another £50 for the rehearsal?).

If you have dots, you haven't got a problem. Without them, you are likely to struggle.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1194922' date='Apr 10 2011, 07:03 PM']When I dep (or when I get a dep in) its almost always 'turn up and read the gig' (chord charts or dots). An originals band is going to struggle because your replacement will not know the tunes so, without charts, you would need rehearsals and that is unlikely to happen fwithout payment for rehearsal time. As for costs, you could get someone to do it for nothing or it may cost you £50 minimum (gig only, another £50 for the rehearsal?).

If you have dots, you haven't got a problem. Without them, you are likely to struggle.[/quote]

Exactly.