Why become a member? ×

The Watermelon Men Celebrate 10 Years

Mr Bassman

My Band "The Watermelon Men" are celebrating 10 years together this Tuesday 5th April at the West Park Hotel, Harrogate HG1 1BJ

We'll be playing jazz, swing, latin, blues, soul and who knows what else.

The line up has changed over the years but we'll have the original and current members on stage with the return of our first ever guest, saxman Brendan Duffy.

Scott Devine is hoping to make an appearance, hope to see some other basschatters there, if anyone fancies sitting in (no slapping!) :)

[attachment=76682:party.jpg]

Edited by Mr Bassman

Only 10 years Keith? I thought the Watermelon men were Gladys Knight's original band before she squeezed 'em dry!

[gets coat]

PS. I shall raise a stein to you and the band from Frankfurt, as that's where I'll be instead of coming to see you, tomorrow. Hope it's a killer.

Phil

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='1188386' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:43 PM']Only 10 years Keith? I thought the Watermelon men were Gladys Knight's original band before she squeezed 'em dry!

[gets coat]

PS. I shall raise a stein to you and the band from Frankfurt, as that's where I'll be instead of coming to see you, tomorrow. Hope it's a killer.

Phil[/quote]

Yes, it nearly killed me but was a fantastic evening thanks.

I thought about you whilst I was enjoying a pint of Timothy Taylor's!

Hope you haven't spent too much, or maybe that would be a good thing!

Let me know when you are back and I'll try and get some bass buddies to come and put fingermarks on all your lovely stock! :)