Why become a member? ×

Peavey Tour 700 Purchase

Bass-4-God

I am looking into getting a Peavey Tour 700, anyone have experince with this head. By the way I am new to the site and I play gospel music. I currently have an Ibanez SR506 bass, Dr. Bass 2x10@700 watts and a 2x12@1000 watts.
All opinions and thoughts are welcome.

I've been using one of these for about 6 months now.
They're quite weighty compared to other amps, but if you're looking for a solid 'no frills' head they're damn good.

I'm using mine with Warwick 2x10 and 1x15 cabs with a variety of instruments (including an Ibanez SR505) and it sounds just fine.

Power wise, it handles itself more than capeably alongside the usual loud drummer, two guitarists and vocals.

The only real negative I've had with it is the cooling fan started squeaking a few months after I got it, but even that turned out to be a pleasant experience.
I called the Peavey service department and the service manager invited me down, gave me a cup of coffee and had my amp repaired while I waited.

Something that struck me when I was choosing a new amp was the number of 20+ year old Peavey amps that people were still running, they're obviously built to last! :)