Why become a member? ×

Fender gold anodised pickguard

This one has been around a bit on Bass Chat. I got it a few months back for my bitsa project but have now got a new replacement.

There are a few blemishes and marks and a crease caused by the good old royal mail who seemed to think it was a sound move to fold it up during it's journey to me, even though it was well packaged with instructions to not bend etc. Anyway I flattened it out and it's ok.
Also a previous owner had carried out a bit of filing, presumably to get some oversized pups fitted. Anyway the pups I fitted were larger than fenders and so it didn't look too bad.

A few weeks after I had finished my bass a set of American RI pups came up on here so I got them. When it came to fitting them though the gap around the pickguard cut out just looked a bit ropey and it was spoiling the whole look for me.

So that's it, I've not exactly made it seem like a must have item but just don't want anyone thinking they will get a pristine piece of kit. Of course if you like your P bass with the chrome ash trays and covers then it wont show and you will have saved a whole load of dosh.

[attachment=76271:069.JPG][attachment=76270:061.JPG][attachment=76269:062.JPG]

Hopefully the photos will help explain more clearly than my ramblings.

I would like £12.50 inc of postage

Edited by gary mac