Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT6 Pro - TRADED

PURPOLARIS

Hit me with what you've got. I'm happy to let this run until I find the right amp.

As the title says, I've got an absolutely stunning SVT6 Pro which is just too heavy for me. I'm 5' 6" and getting too close to 50 so I need to trade for something lighter. Condition wise it is excellent and has never let me down, sounds absolutely awesome and has a broad range of tones thanks to its parametric equaliser. It will come with a rackcase.

Here's the official blurb below.

I'll get some pics up if there's interest.

RMS Power Output (8 Ohms): 750-Watts
RMS Power Output (4 Ohms): 1100-Watts
Preamp: Tubes (2 x 12AX7)
Driver Tubes: 2 x 12AU7, 2 x 12AX7
Power Amp: Solid State
Tone Controls: Bass and Treble
Mid Tone Control: 4-Band Semi-Parametric
Ultra Low/High Boosts: Yes
Balanced Line Out: Yes, Pre/Post with Level and Ground Lift
Effects Loop: Yes
Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes
Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 3.5 x 15
Weight: 41 Pounds

So you've searched high and low for the perfect bass amp, and have all but given up, because your dream amp is maybe just that, a dream. You know, the one with a zillion watts, and gobs and gobs of tone. It really does exist, you just haven't played through it yet—meet the SVT-6PRO!

Ampeg's SVT-6PRO combines all the beautiful tone of tubes with the solid-state reliability of a MOSFET output stage, to provide massive output and a virtually unlimited tone palette. An onboard 4-Band Semi-Parametric EQ section gives you +/-18dB of adjustment per band, so you can dial in even the most subtle tonal nuances. And the power amp section delivers a whopping 1100 watts RMS at 4 ohms! SVT-6PRO also features built-in Compression at the input stage, and a Tube Voltage control for adjusting the response of the power amp driver tubes.

The SVT-6PRO is designed for the serious player who demands the ultimate tone-shaping machine, in a convenient, high-powered, rackmount package. Just ask Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith), Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck/Ima Robot), or Garry Beers of INXS, and they'll tell you why the Ampeg SVT-6PRO is the top choice of professional bass players the world over.

1/4" and Neutrik Speakon® Outputs
Input Peak LED
Tube Voltage Control
4:1 Input Compression
Effects Loop

Edited by PURPOLARIS

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='tomhunt' post='1201170' date='Apr 15 2011, 09:11 PM']Great amp, have one myself!! Get some awsome tones with it. Good luck with the sale and a bump for a great amp![/quote]

Thanks mate, yes it's a great amp, just heavy. I'm in no rush to get rid of it as I'm still not sure I want to so I'll be holding on to it until the right offer comes along.

• 1 year later...