Why become a member? ×

my three

nash

Fender MIJ '86/87 with SDQP and Badass II and with removed controls.

'07 Squier VM. No mods apart from removing controls

'94 MIM P-bass Special. This has the MIJ's original pickup and a Duncan Design Jazz pickup. Used to be active but the preamp broke. Also with removed controls

[quote name='josh3184' post='133918' date='Feb 4 2008, 09:47 PM']oddly enough, I think that removing the controls improves the look of fender basses a billion fold and I've never realised that until now...

Schmexy![/quote]

yea they look quite minimalist now. i never used them anyway so why have them innit.

you don't like controls much, do you :)?

I like them (except maybe the blue strings lol), especially the black p. you cant beat an all black p with a maple board.

What size neck has the P Special got, btw? Is it jazz or Precision, i get the feeling its jazz, right?

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='lwtait' post='136873' date='Feb 8 2008, 09:41 PM']you don't like controls much, do you :)?

I like them (except maybe the blue strings lol), especially the black p. you cant beat an all black p with a maple board.

What size neck has the P Special got, btw? Is it jazz or Precision, i get the feeling its jazz, right?[/quote]

the blueys are dead now, i need to change them. i got them for free so i didnt have a choice in colour lol.

the p special has an inbetween neck. its not a p and its not a j. 22 frets aswell. it was my very first bass.

[quote name='steve' post='137165' date='Feb 9 2008, 05:12 PM']black/black/maple P's are my favourite, but the white looks nice too (altho a white pg does it for me). What did you use to blank out the holes for the pots? I'm thinking of going without controls on my Franken P[/quote]

on the black one i got gromits from a member on here, i forget who it is and the white one i drew around the inside circle of a black band sticker i had and cut the circles out.