Why become a member? ×

FS/FT - Spector Euro Rebop DLX with Zebra wood top 5 String

Archetype

Hey everyone,

Selling on this lovely Spector bass. I got it as part of a trade on here, and as nice as it is, its just not working with my wrists.
Its a shame though because the tone is fantastic and playability is fantastic IMHO.

Anyway, Specs are
Original Spector NS curved body style
Graphite Reinforced 3pc Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck
Alder body with exotic Zebra Wood Top
24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard, mother of pearl Spector inlays, 35" scale
Black Hardware, including aluminum Spector Locking Bridge
EMG-HZ passive humbuckers, Spector TonePump active tone controls. Boost only, internal voltage doubler.

Really nice bass with a small crack in the lacquer on the back below the neck (I struggled to spot this even though it was pointed out) and a chip in the lacquer just after the neck joint. Its no bigger than my pinkie nail.

Open to trades, ideally a Epiphone Thunderbird pro 5, or a line 6 POD X3 Live. But open to offers on 4 and 5 strings.
Or £550 shipped.

Edited by Archetype

[quote name='Archetype' post='1170232' date='Mar 21 2011, 12:43 AM']Hey everyone,

Selling on this lovely Spector bass. I got it as part of a trade on here, and as nice as it is, its just not working with my wrists.
Its a shame though because the tone is fantastic!

Anyway, Specs are
Original Spector NS curved body style
Graphite Reinforced 3pc Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck
Alder body with exotic Zebra Wood Top
24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard, mother of pearl Spector inlays, 35" scale
Black Hardware, including aluminum Spector Locking Bridge
EMG-HZ passive humbuckers, Spector TonePump active tone controls. Boost only, internal voltage doubler.

Really nice bass with a couple small crack in the lacquer on the back below the neck (I struggled to spot this even though it was pointed out) and a chip in the lacquer between the neck pickup and the neck base, Smaller than my pinkie and a tad wider than the B string :) None of which has any impact on the playability of the bass and could easily be fixed if needed.

Over all its a fantastic bass and deserves a good home, its just not for me.

Looking for £600 shipped and will even through in a gig bag.
Would consider trades for Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V (Colour depending) and cash.

(better pics to follow, these are the ones I was originally sent.)

G[/quote]

PM'd :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Archetype' post='1312331' date='Jul 22 2011, 08:29 AM']Bumping, got to shift this now, so £550 including postage, and open to trades/offers.
I can't play it since it's not good on my wrists, so someone buy it and use it!

G[/quote]

Strange, I briefly had a Euro 5, it hurt my wrists to play it. Seems like Spectors just don't suit some people.

Shame, because they are gorgeous instruments.

Good luck with the sale!