Why become a member? ×

Elites Stadium Medium Gauge Bass Strings - Do they have Blue & Red at each end?

coffee_king

Hey All
I've just dug out what looks like a new packet of Elites Stadium Medium gauge bass strings (40, 60, 80, 100) from an old gig bag.
I've had these for a while and I'm not sure if they actually are Elites.
At the saddle end of the strings they have red material (I guess its cotton?) wrapped around them, then at the tuner end they have blue material wrapped around them.

Can anyone confirm if these are Elites Stadium Medium Gauge bass strings or not as I may have put these strings in the packets from a different brand years ago.

Also does anyone know if these colours specifically mean anything?
As in perhaps red/blue means "Medium" or "Stadium" series, or if it just means they are "Elites"?
I cant find anything online and cant see Elites own website anywhere

Thanks!

Hmm, so from these two replies the red / blue coloured windings must mean STADIUM series as opposed to Medium (40, 60, 80, 100) Gauge.
Unless anyone can confirm that Flatwounds have the same colouring?

I'm surprised that Elites dont have their own website in this day and age, unless they are made by someone else?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='shippo' post='1170647' date='Mar 21 2011, 02:42 PM']Hmm, so from these two replies the red / blue coloured windings must mean STADIUM series as opposed to Medium (40, 60, 80, 100) Gauge.
Unless anyone can confirm that Flatwounds have the same colouring?

I'm surprised that Elites dont have their own website in this day and age, unless they are made by someone else?[/quote]

Arent they made by Bass Centre? I maybe completely wrong and they just love them

[url="http://www.basscentre.com/elites.html"]http://www.basscentre.com/elites.html[/url]