Why become a member? ×

Electronics & EQs and stuff

timo

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot before, I've had a search but 'electronics' gives a lot of results!

I've got a Paulman 5 string that I was considering parting with - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126241"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=126241[/url]. The pickups are currently wired straight to the jack as when the luthier was building it he apparently decided the flame was too nice to spoil with knobs. I've been playing it lots today and now I'm in two minds about getting rid of it (because it's lovely and unique) and while the flame is very nice, I'm now thinking getting an EQ circuit fitted. The thing is I have no idea about the various ones available.

I'd think I'd like 3 band active, pickup blend, volume and maybe a coil tap switch if it'll work with the pickups (the bass has 2 Delano humbuckers). I play finger funk style mainly, with tappy and slappy moments and I want as versatile a setup as I can get, mainly I'll be wanting fat and punchy. Can anyone suggest any/give their experience of any EQ circuits? I'll get Overwater or someone to fit it, definitely not drilling it myself! The back cavity is also pretty small so I may need to have that enlarged for the PCB.

Edited by timo

Having just posted this I've seen the ACG EQ 02. That looks tasty. Can anyone tell me what exactly the passive tone knob does and if its worth having? I'll probably get the EQ02 5K model.

Edited by timo