Why become a member? ×

obvious fault when located

d-basser

I thought i was going mad, couldnt work out the controls on my Peavey Grind 6. Apparently two volumes and two tones but it sounded like i wasnt getting anything from the neck pup. Got a wiring diag from Peavey (quick and helpful) but all seemed ok. Though must be a bust pot but not fussed cause i want to upgrade the electronics soon anyhow. Took the pup out today to have a look see if it could be rewound by wizard...well lets say it came out further than expected:

[attachment=5336:DSC00921.JPG]

[attachment=5337:DSC00923.JPG]

yup thats right wire severed clean through by the pickup. I have bodged this up with an amateur solder job and all is well but I am shocked this happened either at the Peavey factory or with Thomann and that it was never picked up.

[quote name='finnbass' post='132146' date='Feb 1 2008, 07:23 PM']The fault lies with Peavey. Thomann don't even unpack them, nor should they be expected to at the price they sell them for. They are very good at replacing duff gear though in my experience. It's cheaper for them to replace, than check before sending.[/quote]
they claim to set up all instruments before sending, but it wasnt the most obvious fault without prying so I didnt expect them to have found it.
I guessed the fault lay with Peavey, I am not hugely fussed, was cheap as chips and I always planned to upgrade the pickups