Why become a member? ×

Yamaha S300 speaker cab and B100-Bass heads

iconic

I always seem to like Yamaha kit, but have never come across any bass amp/speaker cab stuff, most likely as it's simply not that well marketed over here?

I have found one these cab's, they come with 1x15" + 1x10" + HF horn.....I think they are an 80's item? What does the horn do....is this a High Frequency tweeter, slap bass?

...they could be PA speakers? Pics for illustration, it's not this pair?

They seem to come with the usual B100-III bass heads from the 80's power them....and what is a parametric EQ?

Can anyone comment on the heads and speakers, I only mess about at home so gigs not an issue!

Edited by iconic

Those are PA speakers, I have some Yamaha monitors which are slightly older than these and they are awful! I also have some S112's and they are great. At some stage Yamaha started manufacturng in the USA using eminence speakers and as far as I can see the 15's could be eminences. If the S prefix indicated they are part of the club series then they are likely to be quite good speakers