Why become a member? ×

GK question....

garethox

[quote name='garethox' post='1152242' date='Mar 7 2011, 09:53 AM']Just acquired a 1001RBII and an RBX210 and I want to add a 115 to it. Question is:

If I run the 210 in the GK biamp mode, is it safe to run the 115 full range? It doesn't say either way in the manual...

Any help appreciated!

Cheers.[/quote]

That would be the point of that design so I would run the 15 full range. The roll off on that chassis would
be natural although I would hope you have a cross-over that you can control.

I used to run my SM400 bi-amped in the true sense as that amp has two seperate power stages but I stopped doing that as I found the
bi-amp power more valuable..
I am not sure how GK goes about it but it isn't a stereo amp. IIRC, so I would think you have a X-crossover splitter doing the work and you should still get full power from the speaker config.

Had a quick look at the GK set-up and I don't think you can drive the 2x10 from the bi-amp option.. it is 50watts and 5khz limit which is for horn-only..you would be wasting the 2x10 and hannering the 1x15.
With what you have cab wise..run both thing at 4 ohms full range...and let the tweeter on the cab do its work.

Yes, it'll be fine. Use the specially wired speakon for the 2x10" so it sends the full-range signal (which you can roll the highs off on with the treble cut switch on the amp) to the 10"s and the high frequency signal to the tweeter. Then either run a normal speakon from the amp to the 15" or daisy chain the normal speakon from the 2x10" to the 1x15". That'll give you a rig with up to 700W into 4 ohms split between the 2x10" and 1x15" and 50W into 8 ohms into the 210's tweeter. If the 1x15" has a tweeter then I'd turn it down.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='1152328' date='Mar 7 2011, 11:00 AM']Yes, it'll be fine. Use the specially wired speakon for the 2x10" so it sends the full-range signal (which you can roll the highs off on with the treble cut switch on the amp) to the 10"s and the high frequency signal to the tweeter. Then either run a normal speakon from the amp to the 15" or daisy chain the normal speakon from the 2x10" to the 1x15". That'll give you a rig with up to 700W into 4 ohms split between the 2x10" and 1x15" and 50W into 8 ohms into the 210's tweeter. If the 1x15" has a tweeter then I'd turn it down.[/quote]

Cheers.... now I just have to find a MBE 400W/8ohms GK cab!