Why become a member? ×

Roland 100 bass cube

Cygnus x-1

Hi, I have a Roland 100 bass cube and have been on the lookout for a cheapish extra 12'' cab to use with it to give it a little more ooomph.

I've noticed the Roland 100 bass cube must be being replaced by a newer model as they are appearing on ebay and in shops at arround the £200 mark, Would buying another Roland 100 combo give me the extra ooomph and maybe more volume that i'm looking for? as my buget was around £200 for an extra cab? If so what would the best way to use one bass through two combos at once, would it be easy or would I need some form of splitter box tho split the signal?
Any advice appreciated, thanks.

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='1151308' date='Mar 6 2011, 11:31 AM']Hi, I have a Roland 100 bass cube and have been on the lookout for a cheapish extra 12'' cab to use with it to give it a little more ooomph.

I've noticed the Roland 100 bass cube must be being replaced by a newer model as they are appearing on ebay and in shops at arround the £200 mark, Would buying another Roland 100 combo give me the extra ooomph and maybe more volume that i'm looking for? as my buget was around £200 for an extra cab? If so what would the best way to use one bass through two combos at once, would it be easy or would I need some form of splitter box tho split the signal?
Any advice appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Yes, the Roland Bass Cube 100 is being replaced with a new model (Cube 120XL).

You can split the bass signal into two amps using a fairly cheap little mixer.

Edited by icastle

[quote name='icastle' post='1151346' date='Mar 6 2011, 11:59 AM']Yes, the Roland Bass Cube 100 is being replaced with a new model (Cube 120XL).

You can split the bass signal into two amps using a fairly cheap little mixer.[/quote]
Or take the line out of the first and feed it into the input jack of the second, and set all the tones completely flat, and approriate gains etc on the second one?
That way any onboard effects used on the first amp go through the second amp as well (if that's what you wanted).

Edited to add: the orignal bass cube is (IMO) excellent, and at £200 it's a bargain. Depends if you want the added new features of the XL120 I suppose.

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1151697' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:00 PM']Or take the line out of the first and feed it into the input jack of the second, and set all the tones completely flat, and approriate gains etc on the second one?
That way any onboard effects used on the first amp go through the second amp as well (if that's what you wanted).

Edited to add: the orignal bass cube is (IMO) excellent, and at £200 it's a bargain. Depends if you want the added new features of the XL120 I suppose.[/quote]

The XL range has one of those digital looper things built in plus an extra 20W.
Other than that I can't really see the difference, still has the COSM stuff onboard if you're into that sort of thing. :)

I had one of the original Cube 60s many moons ago (garish bright orange vinyl covering on it) and that was a really nice little amp.

[quote name='icastle' post='1151883' date='Mar 6 2011, 09:00 PM']The XL range has one of those digital looper things built in plus an extra 20W.
Other than that I can't really see the difference, still has the COSM stuff onboard if you're into that sort of thing. :)

I had one of the original Cube 60s many moons ago (garish bright orange vinyl covering on it) and that was a really nice little amp.[/quote]

And I think a tuner and some sort of "Setting" memory, but they all seem to be knobs and whistles rather than fundamental improvements.

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1152087' date='Mar 7 2011, 12:17 AM']And I think a tuner and some sort of "Setting" memory, but they all seem to be knobs and whistles rather than fundamental improvements.[/quote]

I'd really like one, I'm after something small but with a bit of guts that I can bung in the back of the car.
Unfortunately my experiences with the Line 6 modelling amps have soured me to anything that thinks it knows better than me what sound I want from it.

I have enough aggravation with people, I'm not going to get involved in an argument with a bloomin' amplifier... :)

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1152700' date='Mar 7 2011, 05:24 PM']So would I, but the original Bass Cube 100 for £200, or the 120XL for £435 ??? Its a big difference![/quote]

Yeah.
It seems to have been launched with[ot much of a fanfare - just sort of casually slid in sideways in a box labelled 'Nothing to See Here!' :)
If they stripped out the delay looper, tuner and COSM stuff they wouldn't need to charge that sort of price of course... :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1151346' date='Mar 6 2011, 11:59 AM']Yes, the Roland Bass Cube 100 is being replaced with a new model (Cube 120XL).

You can split the bass signal into two amps using a [b]fairly cheap little mixer[/b].[/quote]

Any links to one please?

[quote name='Count Bassy' post='1151697' date='Mar 6 2011, 06:00 PM'][b]Or take the line out of the first and feed it into the input jack of the second, and set all the tones completely flat, and approriate gains etc on the second one?[/b]

Edited to add: the orignal bass cube is (IMO) excellent, and at £200 it's a bargain. Depends if you want the added new features of the XL120 I suppose.[/quote]

Would this method give a potential of 200w of power and give the sound more ooomph and volume rather than just getting an extension cab for the one cube I allready have?
Thanks for the answers so far.

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='1153158' date='Mar 7 2011, 10:54 PM']Any links to one please?[/quote]

[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/behringer-xenyx-502/1079"]Something like this would do.[/url]

Have to say I prefer Count Bassy's solution to mine though. :)