Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB6II SOLD

Dave Holden

Interesting, what's the string spacing?

It's really easy to measure, just take a ruler to the strings, and measure from the centre of one string to the next - do this at the bridge (for the bridge spacing - the most often quoted), at the nut (for the nut spacing) and at the 12th fret (this spacing can be worked out from the other two, but most of us don't have the formulae or charts from which this might be deduced.

God luck, I'm sure you'll find a home for it.

Btw, how is your Stagg EUB for bowing?

And is the intonation regular up the fingerboard?

[quote name='Bass Awkward' post='1187717' date='Apr 4 2011, 01:16 PM']at the 12th fret (this spacing can be worked out from the other two, but most of us don't have the formulae or charts from which this might be deduced.[/quote]

Since the 12th fret is halfway along the string, shouldn't the string spacing be the average of the nut and bridge spacing?

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1187779' date='Apr 4 2011, 02:16 PM']Since the 12th fret is halfway along the string, shouldn't the string spacing be the average of the nut and bridge spacing?[/quote]
Nice one.

Should have thought of that, eh.

Of course it must be.

Silly me.

[quote name='Bass Awkward' post='1187717' date='Apr 4 2011, 01:16 PM']Interesting, what's the string spacing?

It's really easy to measure, just take a ruler to the strings, and measure from the centre of one string to the next - do this at the bridge (for the bridge spacing - the most often quoted), at the nut (for the nut spacing) and at the 12th fret (this spacing can be worked out from the other two, but most of us don't have the formulae or charts from which this might be deduced.

God luck, I'm sure you'll find a home for it.

Btw, how is your Stagg EUB for bowing?

And is the intonation regular up the fingerboard?[/quote]

Hey!

The EUB playing is going well, I have a cheap bow which is okay but I don't really practice it enough to make a decent sound.

On the 6 string bass side of the things...the string spacing at the 12th fret and bridge end is 19mm and at the nut it is 10mm.

I hope all is well your end :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...