Why become a member? ×

FAO West Yorkshire Bass Players, Gig 07/02/08 CANCELLED

yorks5stringer

A week tonight (February 7th) one of my bands, The Idle Hands Trio:http://www.myspace.com/idlehandstrio

[b]won't be [/b]playing a local village pub, The Malt Shovel in Baildon, near Shipley due to a double booking.

SORRY GIG POSTPONED DUE TO DOUBLE-BOOKING!

Keith

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='132075' date='Feb 1 2008, 05:19 PM']Just been rung up, gig cancelled because they had double booked...it's not the first time and I expect it won't be the last but it still pi**es me off.

Will post the new date when she rings again! :)[/quote]
I think you should play a guerilla gig on the street outside. That'll teach em.

Although it might not work so well in this sort of weather.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='132263' date='Feb 1 2008, 10:09 PM']Do you mean Bonzo Dog Band "Gorilla" -only blue men sing the whites, or are they hypocrites...?

Everytime this happens it really hacks me off. You ring them, they give you a date, you confirm and drop off posters, then they ring and are very sorry but...[/quote]
No I mean [url="http://dictionary.die.net/guerilla"]guerilla[/url].

It's very annoying that it happens, I think promoters double-book quite often, expecting that one will pull out. I quite often turn up for a gig that should have three bands, and there are four or five who have all been told that.