Why become a member? ×

Lakland Daryll Jones

Phil-osopher10

You'll have to keep an eye out for them SH as that model was discontinued some time ago.

There was a white maple with blocks on here some time ago and that had a pre amp added..which is something that the bass could benefit from.
I am familiar with DJ5's and the B was good in passive. Whether they all are is another story.

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='1145172' date='Feb 28 2011, 10:45 PM']How possible is it to get a white lakland DJ 4 preferably (as I have my 5 and want variety, although they say laklands B's are killer) with a maple neck and white inlays and scratch plate? Also should I just get the 5'er for the B? Is it really that good?[/quote]

I have a dj5 and I adore it. It's my go-to live bass and has been gigged to death and has never let me down. I also have a 55-02 Lakland (the MM/J with Bartolinis on) and the B is brilliant on both - strong and clear - but the passive dj sounds more even across the strings than the 55 for some reason - it's rw neck where the 55 is maple so maybe notes on the higher strings get more warmth+ depth in them with rosewood? Anyway, wot I'm trying to say like a vague twat is - get the DJ5 as it's awesome but IME particularly with a rosewood neck.