Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Svt 3 Pro And Skb 4 U Rack - Now Sold!!

shadowalka

Looking to sell my USA made Ampeg SVT 3 Pro. Along with it comes my SKB 4 U rack.

I am the second owner as I import the amp from the USA and had Chris Ward (Bass Centre Tech) convert it to run on 240v (UK voltage).

Reason for sale: Have just secured a Mesa Boogie 400+ and can't see any reason to have two amps, despite how good the SVT 3 Pro sounds. So not looking for any exchanges.

Looking for £450 for both.

Based in North West London...people welcome to try it out. Any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by shadowalka

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='shadowalka' post='1155649' date='Mar 9 2011, 05:59 PM']Serial number is DCSDR00039...believe the age is 2005 judging by other forums...could be wrong.[/quote]
nice head.i,m thinking about getting something lightish.any idea about the weight of these together?

Hi Reg!

Still interested in getting this - did you get my emails?

Also, I was wondering - do you know what tubes this thing is carrying? Some people on forums say that they come with JJs but the new ones (or the new website description) doesn't specifically mentions this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Dan,

Sorry mate, haven't been getting your emails for some reason.

Opened it up to check for myself...5 tubes (as you would expect) 4 GT 12AX7R/ECC83s (3 for the pre amp), a GT 12AX7R and an Electro Harmonix 12 AU7A/ECC82EH for drive.

From my investigations on certain forums, the JJs are cheaper than the GTs. If you were to change them I believe Watford Valve (google them) do all three types.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...