Why become a member? ×

Rear Mount Rack Ears for QSC RMX 2450

XPAULUSX

Yo!

So i've just bought myself a QSC RMX 2450. Now im gonna need a rack case/bag to put it in.

I'm guessing gator or some company like that all work to standard sizes e.g. 19" etc.

However, my question is specifically based on the qsc power amps, apparently in order to secure these at the back of a rack case, brackets bought directly from qsc themselves are needed, as the ears at the back of the amp do not stick out flush to the back of a rack and i've read if not properly secured front and back, can cause damage to either the front rack ears, or the rack itself.

[url="http://www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/rreg.pdf"]http://www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/rreg.pdf[/url]

Has anyone managed to work out a solution (universal rack ears) or does anyone know where i can find these qsc rack ears in the UK?

thanks for your time.

Also, any recommendations on cases would be great :)

Cheers.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I use SKB and they're pretty good... In terms of "rear" ears I simply pack the above and below the amp with tape covered polystyrene blocks/foam to support it... If you put it in a 2U case, with this support it holds it perfectly...

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='XPAULUSX' post='1135868' date='Feb 21 2011, 05:40 PM']Yo!

So i've just bought myself a QSC RMX 2450. Now im gonna need a rack case/bag to put it in.

I'm guessing gator or some company like that all work to standard sizes e.g. 19" etc.

However, my question is specifically based on the qsc power amps, apparently in order to secure these at the back of a rack case, brackets bought directly from qsc themselves are needed, as the ears at the back of the amp do not stick out flush to the back of a rack and i've read if not properly secured front and back, can cause damage to either the front rack ears, or the rack itself.

[url="http://www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/rreg.pdf"]http://www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/rreg.pdf[/url]

Has anyone managed to work out a solution (universal rack ears) or does anyone know where i can find these qsc rack ears in the UK?

thanks for your time.

Also, any recommendations on cases would be great :)

Cheers.

Paul[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1135893' date='Feb 21 2011, 05:53 PM']Hi Paul,

I use SKB and they're pretty good... In terms of "rear" ears I simply pack the above and below the amp with tape covered polystyrene blocks/foam to support it... If you put it in a 2U case, with this support it holds it perfectly...

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

That makes sense, where do you get the foam/polystyrene from?

When I had an RMX2450 I mounted it in a standard Boschma rack and the end of the amp where the rear mounts would go sit very nicely on the bottom edge of the rear panel of the rack so it's fully supported when sat the right way up. I did store it upside-down by accident a few times meaning there was effectively nothing supporting the weight of the amp at the rear and this was fine, I never had any issues with it bending the frame of the rack or anything. I transported it regularly and never really took much notice of what way around the rack was when I was transporting it and I never had any issues not having the rear mounts. I'd very highly recommend the Boschma racks anyway regardless of them being a perfect fit for this amp.

So basically IMHO, if you get a standard (non shallow) Boschma rack you wouldn't actually need the rear mounting ears.

[quote name='Dubs' post='1135906' date='Feb 21 2011, 06:01 PM']When I had an RMX2450 I mounted it in a standard Boschma rack and the end of the amp where the rear mounts would go sit very nicely on the bottom edge of the rear panel of the rack so it's fully supported when sat the right way up. I did store it upside-down by accident a few times meaning there was effectively nothing supporting the weight of the amp at the rear and this was fine, I never had any issues with it bending the frame of the rack or anything. I transported it regularly and never really took much notice of what way around the rack was when I was transporting it and I never had any issues not having the rear mounts. I'd very highly recommend the Boschma racks anyway regardless of them being a perfect fit for this amp.

So basically IMHO, if you get a standard (non shallow) Boschma rack you wouldn't actually need the rear mounting ears.[/quote]

That was going to be my next question, im gonna need a standard size 2u rack then. :)

Im off for a look in the for sale section.