Why become a member? ×

Marshall Class 5 with Rat ValveAmpsMods incl fx loop

Hey thanks for the pm's folks

I'll get some pic's up over the w/e - its essentially the same as the link but just to let you see how it looks plus the foot switch etc

Got family visiting so it might be sunday before I get them posted.

Cheers

Not really useful for bass!

Its a fantastic wee amp and it was part of our gigging back line - our singer plays guitar on the occasional song and this was a small, portable option to having another amp to cart around. During our set we have 3 electric guitars all going at once so normally have to provide a third amp as most bands we play with have the two guitarists so amp share is never enough quite enough. However we are now using an electro acoustic plus two electric guitars so that negates the need for a third amp as we can D.I. the acoustic.

This thing cranked gave us all the volume and tone in a small package which didn't take up excessive room on stage or in the back of the corsa (there are 6 of us including stage piano and all the rest!) We recorded with it, gig'd it either with mic's or thru a 412 if there was one kicking about on the night and always got a killer sound. Clean headroom wasn't really a concern for us and this sounded better than a big amp and fancy dirt pedal - it's all tube and sounds like a cranked marshall. Whats not to like right!

Any other questions PM and I'll be happy to answer.

Cheers