Why become a member? ×

kent armstrong wiring help

rubis

I have just got a Kent Armstrong MM3.......a 3 band eq unit to put into my Eggle Milan bass to replace the woeful stock tone control.
Problem is, it didn't come with a wiring diagram and I can't find one for it.
Now, most of the wiring from the MM3 seems obvious....this is how its laid out, correct me if I'm wrong:-

+9v...............goes to the red on the battery
output............not sure
treble............supplied wired to the pot
middle...........supplied wired to the pot
bass..............supplied wired to the pot
switch...........not planning on using one at the moment but may later(I presume its an active/passive switch) I will tape it up
ground.........goes to a common ground
input............not sure

Its the input and output which I'm confused about, on the original active tone box there is a blue wire which comes out of it then goes to a lug on the blend pot and then from the same lug to the volume pot.
There is a a yellow wire which goes form the active box to the middle lug on the blend pot and ends there.
There is a white wire which comes off the active box and goes to the bass/treble control, which has a couple of jumper wires on it and two yellow wires which then go the the volume control.
I'm wondering, does the blue wire correspond to the output for the MM3 unit?
If so, that leaves the white and the yellow, one of which must be the input......but what to do with the remainder?

any advice is gratefully recieved

[quote]this is what you get with kents pickups. not much use[/quote]

......yeah, i found that as well....no good at all......the pickup wiring colours are different anyway...but thanks for looking mate.....love your work by the way!

I also found this on talkbass......does this look right to anyone?........he says it works, I'd probably opt for the one without the switch to keep it simpler at least.....unless there are gains to be made form having one?

[attachment=72481:bass_wiring.jpg]