Why become a member? ×

My New Status Empathy

RAM

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='243529' date='Jul 19 2008, 11:04 PM']Oooooh!

Lovely Series II there! Being a [b]huge expert [/b](as already noted and very modest too!) your bass has the slimline neck moulding of course with the `narrow' central body graphite spine, which of course does not appear on the rear of the bass! I nearly bought one that year with a birdseye maple front - ah![/quote]

I didn't think you were that big last time I saw you Nick...................

Mike

[quote name='lee4' post='243483' date='Jul 19 2008, 07:39 PM']OK all you Status experts,I own a Groove,in 3 tone sunburst,and it's the Dachshunds danglers!
Low action,great tone,great neck.
Anyone else got one?[/quote]

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='243492' date='Jul 19 2008, 08:10 PM']Merton is the one to talk to about Grooves. He has two - One fretted and one fretless.[/quote]
That I do. A fretted 5 in black and a fretless 4 in "midnight wine". The fretless was the last "real" Groove made (i.e. one with a wooden neck!), about 2-3yrs after they stopped manufacturing them. Rob found enough bits left to "cobble it together" and in his own words "it turned out really nicely". Erm, understatement, it was the bass which converted me to Status :) Since then he's done at least 2 more with their MM-replacement graphite necks, but they don't count.. :huh:

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='245794' date='Jul 22 2008, 11:51 PM']Allo Mike!

I've grown since the old times - 16 stone now m8! A real heavyweight!

ps - nice GB![/quote]

You're not busy enough then, you were a svelt athletic young chap when we last crossed paths!

Mike