Why become a member? ×

Best Slap Bass DVD???

bubinga5

The "slap bass program " is a great video and was the standard slap reference for years .
There was also a great book a few years ago called "bass aerobics " i think it was with a foreword by Mark King which was very good.
But like quite a few on here i bought the Stuart Clayton Slap book and it really is the dogs danglies!
I'd go as far as to say that it has become the slap bass players standard book it really is that good.
Because all the up to date techniques are there from Vic to Marcus by the time you get to the end you'll be funkin up a storm !!! :)

P.S. i heard an interview with Marcus Miller a few years ago and he said he would reccommend playing along to the whole Earth Wind and Fire back catalouge , tried it recently and i have to say my groove is without doubt "Deeeeeeeper" , serious pocket sh*t ! :rolleyes:

Agreed.
P.S. i heard an interview with Marcus Miller a few years ago and he said he would reccommend playing along to the whole Earth Wind and Fire back catalouge , tried it recently and i have to say my groove is without doubt "Deeeeeeeper" , serious pocket sh*t ! ohmy.gif