Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith Design 5 String jazz p/ups For Sale/Trade

Hi Folks,

[size=3][b]Reduced price to avoid having to use Ebay!! Looking for £40 o.n.o. or trade for something interesting/useful such as a 3U or 4U rack case...[/b][/size]

These pick ups were fitted in the US Fender Jazz 5 that I got as part of a deal I did recently on my Lakland DJ5. Though they sounded great in the Fender, they weren't an exact match for the string spacing of the bass, so I've put the original Fender p/ups back in which means these are surplus to requirements.

The measurements are roughly:

Neck p/up: L = 103 mm W = 19 mm H = 24 mm
Bridge p/up: L = 105mm W = 19 mm H = 24 mm

If anyone's interested, I'd be looking at around [b][size=3]£40.00[/size][/b] plus p&p but I'm open to reasonable offers or trades, especially for a decent [b][size=3]3U or 4U rack case[/size][/b].. Sorry for the large photos!!

Cheers

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might you be interested in trading for a Stagg 3U rack bag - it's brand new, bought it less than a month ago - never left the house.

Also, when you say it wasnlt an exact match, is that because the pole pieces are too wide apart or too narrow? I set the spacing on my Jazz as wide as possible. Would you be able to let me know the measurements from the edge of the pickup to the first pole piece?

[quote name='bassbloke' post='148869' date='Feb 29 2008, 11:05 AM']Might you be interested in trading for a Stagg 3U rack bag - it's brand new, bought it less than a month ago - never left the house.

Also, when you say it wasnlt an exact match, is that because the pole pieces are too wide apart or too narrow? I set the spacing on my Jazz as wide as possible. Would you be able to let me know the measurements from the edge of the pickup to the first pole piece?[/quote]
Hi Bassbloke,

The measurement from the edge of the pick up to the first pole piece is somewhere inbetween 8mm and 9 mm. I'll try and take a photo tomorrow and upload it for you to see..

The pole pieces were slightly too wide apart, as opposed to being too narrow. And that was OK on all the strings except for the low B, which of all the strings, needed to be most closely matched to the pole piece of the p/up to get the best definition. That's why I went back to the original Fender p/ups...

To be honest, I was more after a hard case as opposed to a rack bag, as I've got one of those already. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

Anyway, hope that info helps?

Nik

[quote name='bassbloke' post='151865' date='Mar 5 2008, 05:08 PM']I've checked my bass. The current pickups have staggered pole pieces, which makes a huge difference. I'd want the replacements to have the same, so it's Fender SCNs I'm afraid.

Thanks for looking though.[/quote]
No problem.. I think the Fender SCNs are pretty good so I'm sure that you won't be disappointed!