Why become a member? ×

sold.

4-string-thing

Due to an unexpected vets bill and leaving my band in the same week, I've decided that my Yamaha BBG-4A bass is surplus to requirements and I've decided to sell.

I bought it a couple of months ago for the glam-rock band I was in, and it suited it perfectly, it looks and sounds great and plays really well.

Its 4 string, fretted, twin humbuckers, gold hardware and active electronics. It's finished in see thru turquoise with what I think is a photo-zebra print top! The finish has no marks or chips at all, but the gold hardware has tarnished a bit. I was told the bass was built in 1988 but apparently the serial number says later.

I fitted it with a set of orange DR Neon strings, and can either leave them on or put an ordinary set of strings back on.

It came in a Stagg gig bag when I bought it, which is not in brilliant condition, but does the job.

Not looking to make anything on what I think might be quite a rare bass (based on the fact that I've never seen another one and can't find much about them on the net either) So price is £185 ono.

Picture not great, sorry, phone camera and bad light!

Edited by 4-string-thing