Why become a member? ×

Custom Pedalboard Project based on PedalTrain

juice

Hi to all,

I am designing a custom pedal board to be fabricated & then chrome plated but I wondered if a Pedaltrain owner could confirm the dimensions noted on the image below to help me develop my layout.

also, I would welcome any problems you guys have found using the various types of 'off the shelf' boards. My main reason for a custom design will be to provide increased space for power (including wall-wart supplies) and a flat base area at the side for a wah as I would prefer this to be at floor level.

thank you in advance for any comments you may have - they could make all the difference with my final unit.

[attachment=71325:pedalboard_dims.jpg]

[quote name='juice' post='1117134' date='Feb 5 2011, 10:20 PM']Hi to all,

I am designing a custom pedal board to be fabricated & then chrome plated but I wondered if a Pedaltrain owner could confirm the dimensions noted on the image below to help me develop my layout.

also, I would welcome any problems you guys have found using the various types of 'off the shelf' boards. My main reason for a custom design will be to provide increased space for power (including wall-wart supplies) and a flat base area at the side for a wah as I would prefer this to be at floor level.

thank you in advance for any comments you may have - they could make all the difference with my final unit.

[attachment=71325:pedalboard_dims.jpg][/quote]
Funnily enough im starting my pedal box this week(doing it at work on nightshift),ive changed my design 3 times since last Sunday but finally worked it out,im doing it in Aluminium with the Power mounted underneath and only the power inputs and connecting jacks are seen,its got more truck bits on it than purchased,ie-led bars and neon strips more recognisable on our fleet of Hinos and Volvos :) .....but the actual frame has turned out amazing.......using metal and esp chrome plating is gonna be heavy,i,ll pm u some pics from work tonight maybe give you some ideas or piss yourself laughing.

Edited by dougie

[quote name='dougie' post='1120328' date='Feb 8 2011, 05:36 PM']Funnily enough im starting my pedal box this week(doing it at work on nightshift),ive changed my design 3 times since last Sunday but finally worked it out,im doing it in Aluminium with the Power mounted underneath and only the power inputs and connecting jacks are seen,its got more truck bits on it than purchased,ie-led bars and neon strips more recognisable on our fleet of Hinos and Volvos :) .....but the actual frame has turned out amazing.......using metal and esp chrome plating is gonna be heavy,i,ll pm u some pics from work tonight maybe give you some ideas or piss yourself laughing.[/quote]

look forward to seeing how your getting on, I keep changing design track but as the pedal trains are so popular I thought the dimensions would give a good starting point for whatever design i end up making.

I am planning on chrome plating an aluminium construction, here is a place that does [url="http://www.reevemetalfinishing.co.uk/nickel-and-chrome.htm"]chrome plating aluminium[/url] I don't think it will add too much weight overall.

Edited by juice

[quote name='juice' post='1120380' date='Feb 8 2011, 06:18 PM']look forward to seeing how your getting on, I keep changing design track but as the pedal trains are so popular I thought the dimensions would give a good starting point for whatever design i end up making.

I am planning on chrome plating an aluminium construction, her is a place that does [url="http://www.reevemetalfinishing.co.uk/nickel-and-chrome.htm"]chrome plating aluminium[/url] I don't think it will add too much weight overall.[/quote]
Interesting site m8,its only in recent yrs chroming(or n/plating)has progressed to a descent level and they look professional,hands up ive copied a design i seen on another forum but its mostly older pedals im using so left options for mounting etc,my pet hate in anything electric is cables everywhere so that area is spot on,way its looking i,ll have 3 connections...1 power and 1 in/out,all the lighting(and theres a fair bit)is hidden and just makes the board glow,end of the day its like any project,if it turns out good fair enough,if its sh*te.....well at least its my own sh*te and maybe the next will be better,yea get them pics to you later tonight