Why become a member? ×

Fender Road Worn Jazz - Withdrawn

Macko1968

Skinny necks just aren't working for me so I'm floating this bass with the hope of bagging another Stingray.

I have to admit that I have been won over by the Road Worn basses, the most impressed I've been with a Fender product since I played my first JV in 1982. Nicely put together, this one has that feel & the sound is seriously impressive, my original plan was to drop some Fralins in this but I liked what I heard from the stock pickups so they stayed. Having played a few CS relics the Road Worns get so close as to make the extra outlay very difficult to justify. I'm valuing the Jazz at what it owes me which is £725 (it has a well used hard case too) & will put some cash towards the right bass if needs be.

Trade wise all I'm interested in are Stingrays, nothing else & even then I'm a bit picky. Ideally I'd like something with mutes & the metal battery cover - colour & neck is unimportant. Failing that I would consider a newer model but I'd prefer a rosewood board on one of these because I hate the anaemic maple EB use these days. I'd also prefer a solid colour or a 'burst - again, I don't dig the metallic finishes EB are currently offering. Condition is not a prime concern, as long as it's not been ragged to within an inch of its life. Of course, if God loved me, then Rasta would sell me back the 'ray I stupidly sold to him last month :) .

Not asking for much am I? :).

I do like the Jazz & will keep it for messing around on but I figure the right 'ray will see much more use in my fat hands. Piccies up tomorrow when the sun's back up.

Edited by Macko1968