Why become a member? ×

Vintage Bubinga Fretless V940f

rockman

Very tidy Vintage (the brand, not the age!) V940f bubinga fretless. These are a budget brand, but are widely known as a quality make for the price, and a great way to get a start on an unlined fretless.

There is a slight mark on the back, and a little wear on the neck where I have recently used rounds (I prefer the growl!), neither of which will effect the sound or playability...

It has P/J Wilkinson Pickups, with an active EQ, that I have always found versatile and powerful. The controls are Volume / Blend / Bass (Boost / Cut) / Treble (Boost / Cut).

I'm selling because it really doesn't get much use, and I'm trying to focus the collection a little more about quality not quantity, and fretless just doesn't come up very often!

I'm open to offers, but would like [b]£140[/b], or would consider a swap for a East J-Retro preamp...

I've not looked into courier prices (maybe £25?!), but will be willing for anyone to pick-up or meet somewhere in the Bristol area.

I've attached some pics, so please have a look and get back to me with any questions!

Thanks

[quote name='rockman' post='1110964' date='Feb 1 2011, 02:41 PM']Very tidy Vintage (the brand, not the age!) V940f bubinga fretless. These are a budget brand, but are widely known as a quality make for the price, and a great way to get a start on an unlined fretless.

There is a slight mark on the back, and a little wear on the neck where I have recently used rounds (I prefer the growl!), neither of which will effect the sound or playability...

It has P/J Wilkinson Pickups, with an active EQ, that I have always found versatile and powerful. The controls are Volume / Blend / Bass (Boost / Cut) / Treble (Boost / Cut).

I'm selling because it really doesn't get much use, and I'm trying to focus the collection a little more about quality not quantity, and fretless just doesn't come up very often!

I'm open to offers, but would like [b]£140[/b], or would consider a swap for a East J-Retro preamp...

I've not looked into courier prices (maybe £25?!), but will be willing for anyone to pick-up or meet somewhere in the Bristol area.

I've attached some pics, so please have a look and get back to me with any questions!

Thanks[/quote]

Damn you sir, I recently bought one of these from Bubinga5 to de-fret. Spent two weeks on it already and it's not finished yet. See, I should be more patient.

However, for any interested parties, great, playable bass for hardly any money. Best of luck with the sale type bump.