Why become a member? ×

FS: Roscoe LG3000 Signature 4 string

Bass Culture

I’ve been dragging my feet about this for a few weeks but I’ve now reconciled myself to selling my beautiful Roscoe LG3000 Signature. Completed in May 2008 I bought it new from Mark at Bass Direct in September 2009. Until Thursday night I would have described the condition as new, but I noticed a slight chip in the lacquer in the middle of the top horn at a rehearsal. No idea where it came from or how it got there! I’ve tried my best to get a decent photo of it (see third photo down at the bottom). Anyway, now I’d describe it in as new condition – except for the chip in the lacquer in the middle of the top horn:

Some specs:
Body: Solid swamp ash in a high gloss finish with grain highlighting
Neck: 7 piece laminated - maple with purpleheart centre lamination and maple and cherry accent laminations, Bolivian Rosewood fingerboard, 40mm nut width
Pickups: Bartolini soap bars
Pre-amp: Bartolini NTMB with master volume, pickup blend, treble and bass cut and boost and midrange cut/boost with push/pull for frequency selection
Bridge: Hipshot Type ‘A’ in black with 18mm string pitch
Tuners: Hipshot in black

Sound-wise it’s punchy as hell. There’s a lot of love for Roscoes on BC and as soon as I started gigging with it I understood why. Mark at Bass Direct thinks Roscoes deliver the midrange better than any other basses he’s heard. I'm not about to argue - it's tight and full and really cuts through in the mix. Playability is phenomenal. The neck has a comfortable C/D profile, action is ridiculously low and the neck is fast as hell. And the neck just doesn’t move either - I’ve swapped between different strings and gauges and I’ve not had to tweak the truss rod yet.

So why am I selling? Basically I’ve been kicking e-mails back and forth for a custom build from ACG and have now settled on a spec. I’ve also picked up a Zoot recently which I’ve ‘pimped’, so sadly there’s no room at the Inn for the Roscoe anymore.

If you around the Bass Direct website you'll see that, with the recent price increases, a similarly specced instrument would now cost you between £2.5k - £3k. Luckily I picked it before the recent price increases. [b]I’m looking for £1200[/b] - but this is my final price drop; if it doesn't sell at this price I'll keep hold of it for the time being. Comes complete with letter of authenticity, allen keys, Roscoe gig bag, black Schaller strap locks (both parts!) and it's original strap buttons too.

Please drop me a PM for further details if you need any or to arrange a trial. Thanks for looking, folks. Now the rest of the photos – enjoy:

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Playground_Martyr' post='1110369' date='Jan 31 2011, 11:03 PM']Gorgeous bass, and just down the M53 from me![/quote]

Well you'd be very welcome to pop over and give it a blast anyway. Chester's very easy on the eye at this time of year!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1110629' date='Feb 1 2011, 08:43 AM']Well you'd be very welcome to pop over and give it a blast anyway. Chester's very easy on the eye at this time of year![/quote]

Good salesman! lol. Yeah, I live on the Wirral so I know Chester very well.

I might take you up on that, I could bring my Bongo and try and convince you to take it in part ex lol :)

[quote name='Playground_Martyr' post='1111530' date='Feb 1 2011, 08:07 PM']Good salesman! lol. Yeah, I live on the Wirral so I know Chester very well.

I might take you up on that, I could bring my Bongo and try and convince you to take it in part ex lol :)[/quote]

Ha ha - sadly my heart is set on an ACG. The Roscoe is so good that the ACG custom is really the only thing I'm prepared to move it on for. That said, PM, you're welcome to pop over anyway and put the Rosecoe through its paces even if it's not a precursor to a purchase - always happy to exchange pleasantries, drink tea and talk bass with a fellow obsessive!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1112008' date='Feb 2 2011, 08:49 AM']Ha ha - sadly my heart is set on an ACG. The Roscoe is so good that the ACG custom is really the only thing I'm prepared to move it on for. That said, PM, you're welcome to pop over anyway and put the Rosecoe through its paces even if it's not a precursor to a purchase - always happy to exchange pleasantries, drink tea and talk bass with a fellow obsessive![/quote]

No point offering you a Sadowsky RV4 fretless in Oly white/Tort then? No? Bump for a beautiful bass!

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='1112282' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:58 PM']whats the weight mate?[/quote]

No weight - you can have it as soon as it's paid for - boom boom! (I won't give up the day job...)

I'll put it on the bathroom scales when I get a chance but what I can say is that it's noticeably lighter than 'average' - a combination of the small body and swamp ash, I'd say. Very comfortable and no problem over longer gigs.

[quote name='grahamd' post='1112265' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:46 PM']No point offering you a Sadowsky RV4 fretless in Oly white/Tort then? No? Bump for a beautiful bass![/quote]

Er, generous though this kind offer is - er, no. Thanks all the same though.

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1115028' date='Feb 4 2011, 10:39 AM']Bump for price drop. I'm running out of 'wriggle room' here, folks, so if anyone's out there ruminating on an offer, speak now or forever hold your piece!

Cheers,

Mark[/quote]

is it a cash deal or are you interested in any trades plus maybe cash your way, i have a jon shuker custum jazz on here at the min, see what you think, cheers paul

[quote name='AllTheBassP' post='1115677' date='Feb 4 2011, 06:00 PM']is it a cash deal or are you interested in any trades plus maybe cash your way, i have a jon shuker custum jazz on here at the min, see what you think, cheers paul[/quote]
Sorry, not really looking at trades as I've got my Zoot for gigging duties until the ACG is built. Your Shuker looks lovely though.

[quote name='xptdlol' post='1115895' date='Feb 4 2011, 09:05 PM']Would you ship to France?[/quote]
Don't think I'd have a problem shipping to France. I'd prefer to package it with the Hiscox case I've got though, just to be on the safe side. I feel a bit uncomfortable about just sending it boxed.

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='1128302' date='Feb 15 2011, 01:21 PM']this is a fantastic bass but out of my budget at the moment awsome price there as well i am sure it will be soon gone if you relist this :)[/quote]

Fantastic bass it is - you are wise beyond words! Actually I am a bit surprised that it's not generated a bit more substantial interest. Still, maybe not the right time of year. It is a bit soon after Christmas!