Why become a member? ×

Using a generator

Martin E

[quote name='teej' post='1108806' date='Jan 30 2011, 10:26 PM']Some food for thought here. I'll read back over it all again, but for now, I'll say I use a generator once a week on average all year round and have done for something like 12 years. I also know plenty of other acts who do this regularly. I guess one major difference is that we're using them in the street with less kit than most bands. Ours is a small Honda, the kind you can pick up with one hand and walk down the road with, powering a Yamaha Stagepas500 (with vocal and double bass into it), and a '70s Roland Cube for the guitar. In fact we don't add any more kit for gigs, but, being street performers we're starting out from a stripped down approach anyway.[/quote]

This was my thought when looking into earthing etc. I bet you don't drive a spike though the pavement and get an electrician to test it.

[quote name='TimR' post='1109119' date='Jan 31 2011, 10:06 AM']This was my thought when looking into earthing etc. I bet you don't drive a spike though the pavement and get an electrician to test it.[/quote]
Actually, from a street theatre point of view, that could be a really good idea, done in a slapstick manner - would draw a crowd!