Why become a member? ×

Combo for Rehearsals

wildman

Now playing with a band that rehearses at their offices in central London. The guitarists have Marshall and Mesa Combos respectively and the drummer is pretty loud.

My Peavey Microbass not surprisingly wont cut it and its a pain to lug my head and large 2x10 up to central London each week. Especially as I cant get the volume past 2 without the HR department complaining.

Looking at the Warwick Blue cab 60 - any thoughts ? Needs to be small and light which says 1x12. Second-hand CCL would be ideal, but theres not much around at the moment. Ashdown EB a possibility.

Budget around 100-150. Will only be used for rehearsals as I have the bigger rig for the gigs.

Cheers, John

I downsized from a Ashdown MAG 2X10 combo to a Hartke A100 which has plenty of guts to jam with. I can carry it with one hand and it makes my Jazz sound great.

I picked mine up from the bay for £150. Hartke do a 60 watt version which will be worth trying out and would be lighter to carry too.

As you'll need something loud, highly portable and inexpensive, this could be another job for the Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110, which does 75 watts from a 12" cube.

I recently sold mine to help finance a mini-rig, but if you look out for a secondhand one it should fall well within your budget. Even new it should only set you back about £175 or less.

I used mine at a few band rehearsals and it was loud enough for me to hear myself over electronic drums through a p.a., 2 guitars and a vocalist.

Hope this helps.