Why become a member? ×

Feedback Looper Schematic

DanOwens

So I'm gonna form a crack team of experts to assist me in the building of a feedback looper.

I am going to use a momentary switch to control the feedback, but when I let go, I want the trails to continue. So my question is - will this schematic mute the send or return or both? If both or return, can anyone show me a schematic that will do what I want it to?

Dan

[quote name='DanOwens' post='1103028' date='Jan 26 2011, 12:20 AM']Ahh, yes, I actually came to post that I don't know why that'd be if you disconnected the 'send' but I guess that to sum the return to the main signal without creating a feedback loop may indeed need a buffer. Anyone?[/quote]

Sort of.
Problem being of course that you're physically breaking the connection your buffer needs to get to as soon as you stomp the switch...
How about replacing the SPDT switch with a DPDT switch and using the 'other half' of the switch to join the Send and Return feeds to each other?
I'm guessing that the signal will feedback for a little while until it decays, which is probably about as good as an analogue buffer is going to be anyway...

I have to say that it feels very odd trying to intentionally induce feedback after 20 years of trying to avoid it... :)

Like icastle said "I have to say that it feels very odd trying to intentionally induce feedback after 20 years of trying to avoid it... ". I have to agree with that statement but now I want to make weird noises. How the devil would one wire one of these things up and what sort of pedals would you use. My understanding is..... bass->in-out to pedal board...Send and return goes to a flange or chorus out ->in of feedback loop and in->send of loop. is that right.....right then wheres the maplin catalouge...

Edited by jamiesonk666