Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Dp-200 15h Drophead

andy67

Volume is a funny thing - the voicing of the amp has a big effect, plus the position of the volume control between two completely different amps means nothing.

Ashdown told me that the DP200H was no louder than the CTM, I haven't got any evidence other than an email. But I always thought the CTM was pretty much bang on right. I also find Ashdown amps sound better through non-Ashdown cabs. Again the voicing of both amp and cab leans heavily towards warmth rather than sparkle - with a different cab (in my case Barefaced Super Compact) the ABM is plenty loud enough :)

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1435216475' post='2806507']
I do love the DP200, only thing i could see me getting rid for would be something like an Ampeg V4B or V4BH. I like the b15 type stlying, the relatively light weight and the easy EQ, You say it has the same output as a CTM100?
[/quote]

I had a V4BH and with an Ampeg 15E it was very B15 like. Its problem was that it was not at all loud. 6L6's for bass - nah. I am however, very interested in a CTM100 to use with my ABM610......