Help Needed Choosing My Next Pedal!

Shire

Afternoon all,

I'm currently using the following pedals:

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Bass Fuzz
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss PH-1r Phaser

I play in a rock/blues (sort of 70's sounding) band and I've been watching clips/demos on ebay and I can't decide what to get!

I was considering an Octave pedal and I particularly like the EXH POG2 after this demo because I think I can make it work in a band situation:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugLCr8togHM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugLCr8togHM[/url]

But as always, I seek the wisdom of the guru's and my mind is completely open on this so please fire away with your suggestions!

Cheers :)

for octave you could do better with the MXR or Aguilar. For blues... maybe take a look at a Chorus or a Delay pedal. Go to a store and try all out or get your hands n a used and cheap multifx unit and explore it to find the fx's that you prefer then get decent pedals for those fx!
cheers

From personal experience, I've found a simpler octave pedal, like the MXR BOD, Boss OC-2 or the Aguilar Octomizer, is more suited to Rock music, with other more complicated harmony structures given rise to by the POG2 more suitable in an electronica outfit. Playing with just one octave below your original signal really fills out your parts and provides depth and presence in passages where you might have been lost in the mix before, such as during a heavier chorus or breakdown section.

Plus the one to the above though, maybe consider a Chorus or Delay pedal? They're both hella fun! Although if I were you, I'd be looking at buying a compressor or more importantly a Pre/DI, like a Sansamp or a MXR M-80.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1093340' date='Jan 18 2011, 12:07 AM']for octave you could do better with the MXR or Aguilar. For blues... maybe take a look at a Chorus or a Delay pedal. Go to a store and try all out or get your hands n a used and cheap multifx unit and explore it to find the fx's that you prefer then get decent pedals for those fx!
cheers[/quote]

Never really been a fan of chorus to be honest. I'd like to consider a delay pedal but I've not heard it used on bass before. I'l have a butchers on Youtube, cheers :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1093780' date='Jan 18 2011, 01:22 PM']From personal experience, I've found a simpler octave pedal, like the MXR BOD, Boss OC-2 or the Aguilar Octomizer, is more suited to Rock music, with other more complicated harmony structures given rise to by the POG2 more suitable in an electronica outfit. Playing with just one octave below your original signal really fills out your parts and provides depth and presence in passages where you might have been lost in the mix before, such as during a heavier chorus or breakdown section.

Plus the one to the above though, maybe consider a Chorus or Delay pedal? They're both hella fun! Although if I were you, I'd be looking at buying a compressor or more importantly a Pre/DI, like a Sansamp or a MXR M-80.[/quote]

I quite liked the organ sounds you can get from the POG2 so it seemed more versatile, otherwise I was leaning towards the MXR.

I have a EHX Bass Metaphors which essentially does the same job as the MXR M-80 but I don't really use it, it's actually in the for sale forum :)

Thanks for the advice guys