Why become a member? ×

Fs/ft: Warwick Streamer Lx

Hi Basschat,

I am looking to sell or trade my Warwick Streamer LX 4 string because I am switching to
5 string and can't afford to keep the Wick.

It is a '97 LX, pretty decent condition, not a lot of wear, but it's of course not like factory new. For sure there is
nothing major, definitely no buckle rash. On the upper "horn" there are a few superficial scratches of which I am sure can be
polished away. Then there are just 3 visible dongs in the finish. Anything else you see are fingerprints on the glossy finish.
MEC PUs, active and passive electronics. Woods are unknown to me, I guess the
neck and fretboard is Owangwhateverthatiscalled....the dark brown wood that they use so often. Sorry, not an expert in that field. I bought it
used back in the day and didn't even ask back then. It has a black translucent finish and black hardware.
Comes with the straplocks and an old Spector case. The case is not exactly new, but does the job.
Fret condition is good.
I am looking to get 750 EUR (630 GBP) for the LX. I'll let the pics do the talking now. If you're interested please PM me, also
with any questions you might have.

I am from Germany but do infrequent trips to the London/Heathrow/Staines area, so I am sure if anyone is interested we can arrange
something. I can of course also ship it, but I'd rather assure by personally taking it over that it arrives in good
condition. I would also be willing to trade for a nice 5 string and since I haven't really made up my mind
what I want you're welcome to offer me pretty much anything that can give me a nice growly-dark-crunchy-compressed
rock tone. I am not a fan of that nasal hollow precision tone, sorry...

Cheers,
Martin

neck and fingerboard will be Wenge on a 97 model you can tell from the pics and the body will be solid flame maple(maybe not flame on this one due to the finish)i had a 98 model in emerald green i absolutely loved it, very slim playable neck ( not the cricket at ovangkol ones) and the wenge had more growl i sold mine to buy a streamer stage1 and it was nowhere near as good as the lx.
the black hardware wasnt usual either or the hi gloss finish, a cracking bass youve got there, very nice indeed, i would dearly love to get my old green one back (that had some battle scars i can tell you) early LX,s are amazing basses- bump

Edited by lee650

Thanks for the positive bump. I really love this bass and hate to let it go. Maybe I''ll try to string it B-E-A-D and see how that goes.
But for now it's up for grabs!

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Bump!

Anyone for 700 EUR / 590 GBP?
I might add that I had it set up B-E-A-D in the meantime, but hat doesn't work so well with this bass. In the course of doing so
I had to widen the B (E) string saddle a bit for the B string to fit. Same on the nut side. So it's not truly orignal any
more in that regard. I don't think it really matters, but I should point it out.