Why become a member? ×

Aliquot Flow

theosd

[url="http://www.myspace.com/aliquotflow"]Our myspace![/url]

We've spent two days in the studio this weekend and have come out with three brand new tracks which I personally am really proud of; we've got a good balance of new sounds and the production aspect of a wicked analoguey 60s/70s 4 track vibe (except we used all 16 on some tracks.

Our old songs have all been remastered to match too and are up for free download as before. What does everyone think of "Fiction Undiscovered" as an EP title including all these tracks (not in this order) plus an extra interlude?

I (don't) apologize for the length of 'Do this Well' - It's our Freebird, if you like =]

In terms of bass this is just my Stingray (boosted mids/treble in On The Outside and Do This Well, boosted bass on Between Us; other three tracks used a Harley Benton 5 string acoustic which I've now sold) into my Mark Bass CMD 121H with 12o'c bass & treble, boosted low mids and scooped high mids. VLE just less than halfway, VPF ALL THE WAY UP!! (just goes to show these filters are awesome throughout their effectual range!)

Ideas for genre descriptions would be wicked too; we don't like to pigeonhole ourselves!

Feedback wholly appreciated and heartily encouraged!!

Thanks
Theo.

I have to say, I really like your first three tracks, haven't listened to the rest yet.

Initially the songs sounded a bit cluttered, though not overly! I think this adds to your sound though, it's a good sound, i definitely like it!

Oh wow, I just heard Set the Scene, amazing song!

[quote name='Welshbassist' post='124809' date='Jan 21 2008, 05:22 PM']I have to say, I really like your first three tracks, haven't listened to the rest yet.

Initially the songs sounded a bit cluttered, though not overly! I think this adds to your sound though, it's a good sound, i definitely like it!

Oh wow, I just heard Set the Scene, amazing song![/quote]

Thanks very much! Yeah we aren't completely happy. Someone has commented that it sounds like Phil Spector has had his way with them, lol. We wanted them to sound organic but unfortunately there is a lot of bleed through and the mastering hasn't brought out the mix to its full potential. We're hoping to get the tracks (all of them) remastered somewhere else.

[quote name='Welshbassist' post='124854' date='Jan 21 2008, 05:51 PM']I'm sure better mixing etc would really bring out your sound, although it sounds great already!

I'd imagine you'd put on a great live show, though I'll have to keep on imagining, until I get my drivers license that is![/quote]

Haha and even then it's a bit of a drive from wales! Thanks very much, really glad you connect with it; that's the idea anyway.

We've been told that our live sound is really quite big for a 3 piece, though I've never heard it from in front of stage (obviously!) If you give me your email I can send you another original (sadly not yet recorded) song we played at our first ever gig recorded through a mini recording thingie (excuse the vagueness).

• 1 month later...