Why become a member? ×

Aphex Aural Exciter Type C and Type B... Is there any difference in them?

StevieD_FenderP2009

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1085104' date='Jan 11 2011, 04:10 AM']Hi

I'm looking at buying an old Aphex Aural Exciter Type C but on eBay there's currently a Type B up for sale so I was thinking of getting that instead. To me, it looks like it does the same thing but I was wondering if anyone knows of any difference between the 2 models

Cheers
Stevie[/quote]
Might be wrong here , but didn't one have the "big bottom" setting , and the other one not ?

As i've said before, I only want an Exciter for what it adds to the high end so the "optical big bottom" wouldn't get used and would therefore be a waste of time, plus, for the version with the optical big bottom, it's more expensive as i also said before and I can't really afford to go spending more money on stuff I'm not going to use

I hope you weren't taking the piss with what you said because then i'll look a complete fool :)

I think, since you are asking on a bass player forum, that you should just be looking out for an Exciter in the right price bracket, because it is far more likely the ones hereabouts will be big bottom equipped, and you'll have a better market when you come to sell it. Plus you might dig the Big Bottom.