Why become a member? ×

The most expensive bedroom bass?

niceguyhomer

Go for it, and (evil laugh follows :) ) if you buy it new the -long- waiting time will give you plenty time to look for band/gigs.

I happen to know a song about that, cause I've ordered my in October and I am told it will arrive sometimes between end of Jan beginning Feb (so says Sheldon Dingwall anyway... ahem) :)

Just go for it - I get a massive thrill from playing a lovely bass at home. I gigged solidly for 15 years before it became clear that I could make a much more acceptable living doing something very different. I haven't gigged for 20 years and don't miss it at all (hassle, grief and hard work punctuated by the odd laugh). My gear now is massively superior to anything I had when I was hoping to make a living (though I still have my two 'career' basses) and it gives me a fantastic smile every time I get a chance to play. £3.5k is a lot of cash but a small price to pay for mental well-being...and the Dingwall, though not to my taste, looks to be beautifully built and finished

No brainer, Al. Go for it. Enjoy the Dingwall.

I would take the advice on keeping a beater/workhorse bass (under the bed?), though in case you need it for a dep gig or a jam night or whatever. Few hundred quid on a Jap Fender or similar would cover you there.

Whatever you decide make sure you enjoy :)