Why become a member? ×

**SOLD Non-Reverse Thunderbird SOLD***

deaver

As the previous owner, I can testify to this being in lovely condition. It's a very solid bass, and thankfully avoids the neck-dive issues of the more conventional reverse Thunderbirds. It's from 1995, and provides a great rock sound from the split-P/J combination - much better, to my ears, than the usual twin humbuckers.

John's an absolutely smashing guy to deal with. He makes a mean cup of tea, so I'd suggest the interested drop him a line about trying the bass out.

Cheers for the above comments Gus. I'm starting to err towards a Fenderbird conversion job on this, so if you want to save the integrity of this bass get in quick.

Edit: Forgot to add trades (4 strings, frets) welcomed as well now

Edited by deaver

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='deaver' post='1149710' date='Mar 4 2011, 05:46 PM']Friday uplift. I wonder if this would be better put in my uncle's loft?[/quote]

Probably, but you would have to forget any prior knowledge about it (and maybe add a few non standard bits!).

I wish I had £300 quid because I think this is a great bass!

Blademan

• 2 weeks later...

May consider trading my Fender (I don't think its all Fender) Black P Bass, If you're interested, But i'm Guildford area, Sailsbury may be far to go.

just to add, ive upgraded the Cosmetics, Black Bridge Cover and Knobs, Electronics, Wiring and put a SD Quarter Pounder in it.

pics.

Edited by son of frog

[quote name='son of frog' post='1194102' date='Apr 9 2011, 10:09 PM']May consider trading my Fender (I don't think its all Fender) Black P Bass, If you're interested, But i'm Guildford area, Sailsbury may be far to go.[/quote]

I'd happily trade for a Mex Fender or similar (G&L Tribute etc.) and I'd travel to Guildford. Without knowing what this bass actually is/was I'd have to pass though, looks like it would make an interesting summer project for someone though. Best of luck with trade/sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...