Why become a member? ×

Hello from Scotland

binman

Hi folks, I stumbled upon this site a few months ago after looking for an answer to a jazz bass problem I had, now sorted thank you.
I've been playing bass for nearly 30 years (god does this make me feel old!!)
Currently using : 63 Jazz bass, 88 Wal custom, 91 Warwick thumb TN, Yamaha TRB6 mk1, Stingray 5, (Hartke 7000 amp and 4x10 XL it's probably the oldest in the country lol) and a Sadowsky preamp.
Cheers Stuart

[quote name='binman' post='123058' date='Jan 18 2008, 07:17 PM']Thanks for the welcome guys. I live slap bang in the middle of Edinburgh and Glasgow in sunny Livingston.
Cheers Stuart[/quote]

Hey I was only 15 miles out! Are you in a band just now stuart?

Have you ever been to Milton Keynes? It`s like livingston on steriods!!

[quote name='Davetbass' post='123130' date='Jan 18 2008, 08:59 PM']Hey I was only 15 miles out! Are you in a band just now stuart?

Have you ever been to Milton Keynes? It`s like livingston on steriods!![/quote]
Hi Davetbass, Good guess mate. For the last 2 years I've been playing in a duo with my wife on keys and vocals(have you ever seen Karens Dunbars band :) our last gig was just before Christmas. My wife wants a rest from playing the circuit but I fancy carrying on in some fashion, maybe go back to a real band with drums!
Never been to Milton Keynes sounds beefy
Stuart

Hi Binman, yet another Scots-based bassist on here :huh:

Great line-up of gear. Always loved the Hartke stuff, as it was first really good amp I plugged into !!

Milton-Keynes is a place where they have grid-reference as well as names for the roads. It's like driving around a huge game of battleships :)